17 November, 2013

Minecraft got more loving

New Music by c418

I finally don’t have to feel guilty about playing c418 music any more. This guy here is responsible for the music in Minecraft, among other things. He released a new album last week, and some of that music worked its way into the Minecraft game recently. I was thinking it was about time, as I like his music. One nice thing that c418 did for his latest album was to provide stereo versions of some of the minecraft records, which had previously been available in mono. It seems strange hearing them, it’s like they’ve got this … extra dimension to them now. They occupy a distinct space which hadn’t been true before.

For all you non-audiophiles out there who don’t know what I’m on about when I talk about with mono/stereo, don’t worry, I’m not talking about your soundsystem getting a incurable virus. Stereo is two distinct channels of sound, mono is one channel. The modern take on surround sound contains 4, 5, or in some cases even 9 distinct channels of sound. With headphones, it’s a little harder to feel the music love, but don’t worry. You can still hear music just fine, as most of it is written for plain old stereo. After all, we have two ears.

Anyhow, ’nuff from me.

No comments: